Saturday, February 21, 2009

Viva Presentation

Finally I've passed my viva presentation with minor corrections. It's really a HUGE relief for me after living in trepidation for weeks.

I received the notification letter on the 5th February mentioning that my viva date was set on the 18th February. Had mix feeling. On one hand praying that the day will never come, hoping that the flight taken by the external examiner was delayed indefinitely; on the other hand wishing to end the misery asap. The experience is unforgettable, NEVER each day passed through without me worrying about the viva. Some would say it's living hell, the feeling is just like a death row prisoner waiting for the death sentence.


I'm not exaggerating, but this is the cold hard fact where I've the first hand experience. It's simply a moment of 'live' and 'death', at which you are just standing in between a thin line that separate between success and failure. Take one step in front, you are awarded with an honorable degree, take one step behind, you have to back to square one. In short, this is the moment of affirmation for all the hard works you have done for the past 2 years.

Was trembling throughout the viva presentation, but luckily all the examiners were kind enough to me. None of the questions were too tricky to answer, but there was a particular question which left me in a lure. It's like a tug of war as the external examiner was trying hard to define his question, but I wonder did I really answer the question which is in his mind. Eventhough there's flaw in the presentation, but I've managed to pull through. Thank GOD for that. The whole session lasted for an hour (from 10.15am to 11.15am). Once they announced the result, I felt my body lost a tonne, I was drifting in the air breezing through cloud 9, the join was simply inexpressible by mere words.


Finally, it officially ended a very long journey of my master degree with a beautiful full stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Number of Visitors Counter