Friday, February 13, 2009

In Memory of Shorty

Last year, seeing a weak kitten died in our arms was heartbroken. Was thinking it would not be that hurt if we did not witness his last breath...

2 days back, experienced another cat's (Shorty) death. He's found lying dead in front of our neighbor's house. Heart was broken, it'd never get any easier even though you've gone through this over and over again... Cried our eyes out, felt extremely sorry for not being at his side during his final journal. The pain and soreness is much more to bear.


It is awfully heartache when you know they have gone forever and will never come back to you no matter how much you miss them and how much you wish to see them even just for one eye.

***********************************************************************************

Shorty, how I miss you. Everything started about 2 years ago when we first met you. Then you are still a young cat but due to your warm nature we quickly became friends. You never fail us. You are always there for us no matter what. You never fail to come each time we call out for you. You are always there to cheer us up when ever we are down. You are the first to greet us when we reach home. How I hate it when you suddenly jump up my laps. And now how I adore those moments. How I miss seeing you around the house to play and walk with us. How I miss those moment when you would call out for us to open the door for you at night. How we miss those moment when you call out trying to save the young cat from on top of the roof. Mere words could not explain the pain I our heart when I first saw you lying motionlessly in our neighbor front porch. How I keep telling myself that is not my Shorty. NOOOOO that is not him!!!!! I try to put up a brave front when She cried. But now I realized you are really gone from our lives. Now we can only keep you in our heart. I really can’t help it when I look back at those photos we took of you sleeping in our room. Tears just start to flow. I guess you have taken up a great position deep in my heart which even I didn’t know of. Shorty I guess this is goodbye then. May you rest in peace and you will NEVER be forgotten…..

Clip taken from http://www.indigo.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Number of Visitors Counter